On Nov 30, 2015 11:48 PM, "Brian Coca" <bc...@ansible.com> wrote:

> My tests included a role and a bunch of debug tasks in 2 plays, all
> worked, what did not have is a task include.
>
> This is probably due to the new 'dynamic' nature of tasks includes in
> 2.0, the same reason those tasks don't appear in task lists.

What do you think the correct behavior should be?

I feel like includes should get "unrolled" to enable --start-at-task.  But,
if you'd have to dynamically execute most of a playlist to even get to task
names, I kinda see why this functionality might get forgotten.

Are you aware of any workarounds to enable debugging in the middle of a
large playbook, outside of copious tags and/or commenting?

Thanks,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CAJ5XC8kWchzB%2B%3DxDhqdirJSEA9GFWg3gXxw2POSR%3DvKghz%3D_bA%40mail.gmail.com
.