Hey,

I'd recommend you read fully through the 'Getting Started
<http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_getting_started.html>' guide, and
carry on reading through the other docs - reading these and
implementing/playing with what they teach is the quickest, most efficient
way to learn.

That said, if the RPMs you're talking about are hosted in a repository, you
can use the 'yum' module (or 'package', if you're running Ansible 2.0 - not
yet released).

See here <http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/yum_module.html> for the yum
modules documentation, it has a 'state' value.
Setting this to 'latest' would do what you're wanting to achieve, like so:
- name: Ensure packages are installed and the latest available version
  yum: name=some_package state=latest

Or, for a list of packages:
- name: Ensure packages are installed and the latest available version
  yum: name="{{ item }}" state=latest
  with_items:
    - some_package
    - some_other_package
    - a_third_package

This example shows iterating over a list of values, using 'with_items'.
<http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/playbooks_loops.html>

Hope this helps - make sure you read through the docs and try and learn
these things yourself :)

Kind Regards,
Calum