Hi,

example from previous reply will do all stages for you:

- name: Ensure packages are installed and the latest available version
  yum: name="{{ item }}" state=latest
  with_items:
    - some_package
    - some_other_package
    - a_third_package

This will check package presence, then install it if it is not installed
and update if it is. This is the key: "state=latest"