I actually started out to create a callback that triggered on change, but
after some internal discussion, decided that I didn't want it to fire after
each task, but rather, wanted to run it one time in the beginning and once
at the end, so I figured that calling it as a task would be more
appropriate.

That said, one future enhancement will be to open the ticket at the
beginning, then update it after each changed task, in which case, I plan to
use module tasks to create and close the ticket and then use a
callback_plugin to update the ticket with results as they come in.  Of
course, if I've already written a module, I could set the updates to run as
a handler task on change.