>My existing crontabs do not have this tag prefixed. Can I still update and
delete them through Ansible cron module ?

>From the documentation, it doesn't look likely since if you don't set a
name parameter and if state=present then it will create a new crontab entry
regardless of any existing ones. See the description for the "name"
parameter in link <http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/cron_module.html>.

However, nothing is stopping you from using the lineinfile module to remove
entries your want to update / delete and then use the cron module to create
a updated but "managed by Ansible" crontab entry.