A task I have uses the pip module in conjunction with 'with_items' to
install different ansible packages, like so:

- name: install ansible versions
  pip:
    name: ansible
    version: "{{ item }}"
    extra_args: "--install-option=\"--prefix=/opt/ansible/ansible-{{ item
}}\""
    state: present
  with_items:
    - 2.2.1.0
    - 2.3.0.0
    - 2.3.1.0
    - 2.4.2.0
    - 2.4.4.0

Every time we run the playbook Ansible reinstalls the packages even though
they are definitely there on the host. Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Guy