Hello,

I am looking to create VM from vmware_guest module on esxi server which is
working fine with following playbook,
But- I want to pass details which are needed while booting into VM e.g
hostname, username or license agreement.

I tried using
1-custome values and
2-set_facts but this doesn't work under vmware_guest module

is there any way to automate OS installation by providing variables?

this is my playbook-
---
- hosts: localhost
  gather_facts: no
  tasks:
  - debug:
      msg: connection to host machine successful

  - name: create test1 vm from esxi server
#    expect:
#    command: "configuration file!"
#            'PRESS \<ENTER\> TO CONTINUE:': ''
    vmware_guest:
      hostname: "x.x.x.x"
      username: "root"
      password: "password"
      validate_certs: no
      folder: /ha-datacenter/vm/
      name: "test-vm"
      state: poweredon
      guest_id: centos64Guest
      esxi_hostname: "hostname"
      disk:
      - size_gb: 160
        type: thin
        datastore: datastore1
      hardware:
        memory_mb: 3000
        num_cpus: 4
        scsi: paravirtual
      cdrom:
        type: iso
        iso_path: "[datastore1] centos.iso"
#      expect:
#      command: "configuration!"
#        'PRESS \<ENTER\> TO CONTINUE:': ''

customization:
# i tried using customization attribute but of no use
        hostname: "hostname"
        domain: "network"
      networks:
      - name: VM Network