On 4/26/21 3:03 PM, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> It's been a long time since I posted here, so please forgive any posting faux
> pas.
>
> I've created the following playboos:
>
> ---
> - name: report aws migrator
>   hosts: all
>   gather_facts: false
>   tasks:
>     - name: collect facts
>       shell:
>         cmd: facter -p fqdn processorcount memorysize_mb blockdevice_sda_size
> blockdevice_vda_size operatingsystem
> operatingsystemrelease is_virtual processor0 --json
>       register: facter_output
>
>     - name: print output
>       debug:
>         msg: "{{ facter_output.stdout }}"
>     - local_action: copy content="{{ facter_output.stdout }}".
> dest="/Users/dyioulos/Documents/prodrept.txt"
>
> The problem is with the output to file.  Data are overwritten, and
information for only the last host the playbook is
> run against is captured.  Additionally, i have to put any character here
> (denoted by ^): - local_action: copy
> content="{{ facter_output.stdout }}"^
> dest="/Users/dyioulos/Documents/prodrept.txt" in order for the output to be in
> json format.  That extra character is also printed, including if I
use newline) is also printed.

> Your help in soving this would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Dimitri,

to collect the output from all hosts please try the following approach:

- local_action:
    module: copy
    content: |
      {% for host in ansible_play_hosts %}
      {{ host }}
      {{ hostvars[host]['facter_output']['stdout'] }}

      {% endfor %}
    dest: "/Users/dyioulos/Documents/prodrept.txt"
  run_once: yes

Regards
         Racke

> email to
> ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/1fb0f55b-9eeb-461c-816b-ed292d068e5cn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/1fb0f55b-9eeb-461c-816b-ed292d068e5cn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.