On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 3:10 AM David Logan <skrat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately RH are still insisting on using 2.9 as their only solution
> without paying for Ansible Automation platform.

Update to RHEL 8, for which ansible-core 2.12 is available as an RPM.

ansible-core 2.11 can be fairly easily built for RHEL 7 as an RPM if
you need, my published building tools ar at
https://github.com/nkadel/ansiblerepo

> I will look at updating but I've done the yum list, yum info and yum install
> from the command line on the server I'm running the playbook on.

What does "yum list pbs-info" say? Especially if you run it as a non-root user?