No. Lookups happen on the Ansible controller.

If the file is on the remote host(s), then prior to the task where you need the data, do an *ansible.builtin.command* task which `*cat*`s the file and registers the result. Then on the "*Download the patches*" task, say

    *loop: "{{ **/registered_cat/**.stdout_lines }}"*

Each item will then be one line from the file.