I think the idea was carried over when we migrated from Puppet to Ansible, but all our middleware projects include a "daily" playbook. Ideally they don't do anything unless something has drifted, although a few feed into reporting. This is separate from our patch-n-reboot process, which is more a systems level thing. We try to keep a separation between OS config and middleware configs, but the OS group's playbook, which follows the mono-repo pattern, also runs on each host daily.