Hi,

Maybe deprecated, but this should be fine. You may use  xlsx_writer.close()
and also check.
Speed of excecution depends on no: of rows.

Never played with Colors, but font and book, worksheet modifications can be
done using Xlsxwriter modules in pd.
pd.ExcelWriter.book pd.ExcelWriter.sheets etc, need to explore.