Naming conventions seems good.

I would also like to point out that when someone wants to use a reference to
a patternset, he is using an empty patternset declaration, but one that
wants to create one defines it with arguments.
So a warning in the case one uses an empty patternset but uses 'id' seems OK
to me, but it is perhaps difficult to detect that case.

Defining an new patternset, with no argument (except the id) seems a little
bit strange to me. What can it be used for? It bring nothing to the build
file.

Jerom