> Jirtme Lacoste <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Defining an new patternset, with no argument (except the id) seems a
> > little bit strange to me. What can it be used for? It bring nothing
> > to the build file.
>
> I've done so with path's more than once - I think Ant's own build file
> still does.
>
> The idea here is to have an entry point for stuff I want to add to the
> classpath for certain tasks when I anticipate that I want to do this
> sometime.

Ok, if I understand, it is like defining a new type, to ease implementation
of changes.

But in that case, you define your path outside the place it is used, am I
right?

So if I reformulate, defining a new patternset, within a task, with no
argument (except the id) seems a little bit strange to me. A warning could
be added for these cases.

But I am sure someone would also find an usage for this. Anyway, it now
seems too much work to implement that warning for that specific case. So
perhaps naming convention should solve most of the mistakes.

Jerome