Peter Donald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed,  4 Jul 2001 01:06, Chris Greenlee wrote:
>> Peter (Donald),
>>
>> <offtopic> Apologies, but your tone is quite often abusive.  People
>> who post thoughtful comments ought not to be insulted just because
>> you disagree with them.  </offtopic>
>
> I am not sure how long you have been on this list but he has been
> repeating like a drone the same things over and over and over again
> for a few months now.

Well, that's a bit exaggerating, isn't it?  I remember two threads on
ant-user (this one being a spin-off of one of them) and one on ant-dev
that was simply carried over from ant-user.  And "repeating the same
things over and over and over again" seems to apply to many people,
including myself 8-)

> We listened the first time

I still do.

> I thought I was relatively polite given the history.

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Would everybody please calm down, thanks.

The silly thing in this whole discussion is IMHO that we've already
agreed to provide all necessary things for a foreach task in Ant2's
core - that is Ant2 will have a foreach task, but it will probably not
be part of the core tasks.

Whether we are ever going to have Ant2 is a different question.  The
tone and (excuse me, but this is what I've seen during the last few
weeks) lack of respect in recent discussions makes me wonder how we
should ever agree on the more controversial details - without scaring
off smart people that are willing to contribute but not willing to
follow flames that is.

Envision a more than a bit frustrated Stefan going back hacking code
and fixing bugs ...