First, sorry for not reading all my (150) emails prior to posting my
last response in this chain.

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Peter Donald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed,  4 Jul 2001 16:49, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >> Peter Donald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> that is Ant2 will have a foreach task, but it will probably not be
> >> part of the core tasks.
> >
> > I know that, you know that, the people who raise these issues know
> > that. So what does that say?

I for one did NOT know that.  Maybe that answer was embedded in email
archive, but I didn't see it.

> Hmm, they want a solution for their problems now and don't wait for
> Ant2?

Exactly.  Ant2 appears to be a fabled creature that may never exist. I
have build woes to conquer now.

I had a micro-epiphany this morning and woke up wondering if this debate
is really about what goes in the core vs. what's optional?

I have no problem with flow control being in the optional.jar.

I guess my desires break down like this:

1. I want it available from the ant web site
2. I don't want to have to search all the email archives to find it
3. I don't want to have to build my own ant from sources

You should know by now that I am willing to help, as I've already
started submitting source code and patches to this list.  I'm not just
bitching.  I'm trying to argue a point, shared by many others, that flow
control is needed for many build tasks.  I'd like to see it supported by
the ant development group so it's easily obtainable and supported.

And I apologize to the whole ant-user community for my earlier tone.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.

970/626-5028 (office)           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]