From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 4:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: spaces and path definition

Assuming the following exists in your xml, for NT 4.0 (sp6), ant 1.3,
java 1.3.1
I was able to run all three just fine.  Now, the escape target did
exactly as I instructed it to which was to copy the build.xml to
c:\Program\ Files which made a directory called Program and then a
directory named " Files" (quotes used to show space) and then copied
the file there.

It does not appear to be a problem with copy so perhaps something you
are doing?  I'd hazard a guess that the Progra~1 would be what you'd
want to use.  If nothing else, that would eliminate a known space in
your classpath (classpath error or path?) and you could look for other
spaces with ant -debug.

  <property name="space" value="c:/Program Files/"   />
  <property name="nospace" value="c:/Progra~1/"      />
  <property name="escape" value="c:/Program\ Files/" />

  <target name="main" depends="nospace, space, escape" />

  <target name="space">
     <copy file=".\build.xml" todir="${space}" />
  </target>

  <target name="nospace">
     <copy file=".\build.xml" todir="${nospace}" />
  </target>

  <target name="escape">
     <copy file=".\build.xml" todir="${escape}" />
  </target>

$.02
/bill