hi Pete , thanks for your suggestion with fork.

for some reason I cant get it running.
my junit task looks like :

<target name="runTests">
  <junit printsummary="no" haltonfailure="yes" fork="yes">
    <classpath>
      <pathelement location="${build}"/>
      <pathelement location="${dist}/junit.jar"/>
      <pathelement location="${dist}/PerlTools.jar"/>
      <pathelement location="${dist}/Bag.jar"/>
      <pathelement location="${dist}/cutil.jar"/>
      <pathelement location="../../../lib/servlet.jar"/>
    </classpath>
    <formatter type="plain"/>
    <test name="${servicePackage}.AllTests"
outfile="TestResults-${serviceName}"/>
  </junit>
</target>

I looked into the <jvmarg> element. It says that I can add arguments the
same way than within <arg> itself.
But it cant find the JUnitTestRunner.class.
So I thought I add the following line to it:
<jvmarg line="-cp c:\jakarta\jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar"/>

it still cant find the JUnitTestRunner class.

what do I have todo here ?

can u help.

thanks,

detlef