Zak:

I've had to deal with this annoying ClearCase problem as well.  It is an
issue with setcs and snapshot views.  The setcs command asks for user input
when the new config spec being used has different load rules from the old
config spec.  It then prompts the user for a yes or no for unloading VOBs.
After many hours of phone calls and email tag with Rational, I came up with
a solution myself.  My workplace uses snapshot views to build and view
profiles to make new views.
I created a task in ant called setcs.  It's basically an exec task that
first calls a perl script that I wrote called setcs.pl.  This script goes to
the view storage dir (*.vws dir) of the view I want change and reads the
load rules from the old config spec file into an array.  It then goes to the
directory of the new view profile I want to use, and copies the "Rules" file
into the view storage dir (renaming it to "config spec").  It then appends
the old load rules to the new config spec file, thereby ensuring the same
load rules as the previous config spec meaning no user input when I run
setcs.  After the perl script is done, the setcs task in Ant execs the
cleartool setcs -current command.  This reads in the new config spec and
updates the view accordingly.
I know it's a bit of a perl hack, but it's been working for me really well.
If people are interested, I could post a copy of the perl script and ant
task I use.  But it would probably be cooler if a Java guru out there could
write a class/optional task that could do this.

-Anthony