--- Rubun Tang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am sure this question has been asked before. But I couldn't find it in
> the archive.
> What I want to know is: Is there an ant task that do looping?

With the advent of the <condition> task and the 'inheritAll' attribute for
<antcall>, you can iterate until some known value is reached -- but it's
not exactly what you'd call a for real for- or while-loop functionality.
There've been several <foreach> tasks submitted over time, but they will
never be committed to "standard" Ant, so you'd need to pick them up from
the archives (I think there's a couple in ant-dev and one in ant-user --
don't know if they've made it to the "ant-contrib" project on Sourceforge
or not). Alternatively, there's always the <script> task.

Diane

=====
([EMAIL PROTECTED])