----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ant Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 16:27
Subject: Re: private Target

> --- Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > you can make it very hard (but not impossible) to call from the command
> > line by putting a - at the front of the name,
>
> Exceedingly clever!  But one question: How is it not impossible -- I sure
> couldn't get one to run from the command line.

you cant do it directly, but you can do it with something like <ant>, or
perhaps an IDE

personally I dont bother; I like the option to call the lower level stuff
during dev, and if there is some prerequisite which must be met, well there
are <depends> to state them, and <fail> to validate any other assumptions,
like an assert() in C

> > or a space anywhere in it.
>
> This option, on the other hand, was easily worked around on the c/l --
> just quote it.

confuses jEdit no end though

-steve