----- Original Message -----
From: "David M. Karr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> My missing element was putting junit.jar in the $ANT_HOME/lib directory.
This
> appears to be one of those "you should have known that".  The
documentation
> (AFAICT) doesn't state this directly.

Its at the bottom of this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/install.html

> It would also be useful to state the
> fact that task references are always in targets.  I'm sure this is stated
> somewhere, but I didn't see it.

Where is a good place for it?  Documentation patches always welcome!

It is on the 3rd sentence of our "Using Ant" page in the latest CVS versions
of our documentation, but not easily spotted in the 1.4.1 docs that I could
tell.  Jump on in and help us document better!  :)

    Erik