From: Paul Cody [ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 2:12 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Using Main-Class and Class-Path in a manifest file

Hmm.  Sounds interesting.  I had a look at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Manifest to see what I could see.

-- A Manifest object contains a set of Section object keyed by name
-- A Section contains a set of Attribute objects, keyed by
name.toLowerCase().
-- Both mappings use java.util.Hashtable to maintain the String:Object
mappings.

There is no code that I could see which sorts the attributes in a
section
upon writing, so the order will be that imposed by the hashCode values
of
the keys.  Indeed, running the simple test program test.java: