Irfan Niaz wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> The classes in source directory are not duplicated.
>
> I am using
> java -Dant.home=c:\javaetc\ant\jakarta-ant-1.4.1
> org.apache.tools.ant.Main -buildfile build.xml
>
> Message
> compileMol:
>     [javac] Compiling 93 source files to C:\MOL\build\WEB-INF\classes
>     [javac] C:\MOL\src_v1.1\java\com\koo\mol\user\UserSettings.java:12:
> duplicate class: java.com.koo.molio.user.UserSettings
>     [javac] public class UserSettings {
>     [javac]        ^
>
> For sure there is only once instance of UserSettings.java
>
> Package and source settings looks goods
>
> Regards,
> Irfan

Irfan,

I like the subject :-)

This isn't a problem with Ant, I'm pretty sure. I've had this error a few times
myself and I can never remember the cause. Could you check your source files
carefully, in particular whether a source file with a different name declares
the same class. (try grepping for UserSettings)? Could be a cut and paste.

The next thing to do is to run ant with -debug. This will show you the javac
command line used by Ant. Check it out for anything odd. You could cut and paste
it to the command line to run javac directly without Ant. This should help us to
eliminate Ant as a cause of the problem.

Conor

Conor