On Thursday, May 2, 2002, at 07:43  AM, John Gregg wrote:

> First, when creating a war or jar file, do you include all 3rd party
> libraries necessary for your application to run/compile or not?

We keep those needed to compile under source control in a libs
directory.  Were we keeping the source for them, we would not keep the
jars, but we prefer the jar route.

Deployment jars are kept in a different source controlled directory, but
we only put in jars that are not already in libs, preventing the
"compiled with 1.1, deployed with 1.0" problem.

> Second, of these 3rd party libraries, which do you keep in source
> control.  All?

Anything which would kill our build or deploy to be missing.