No. It works for me, and my target is just:

        <jspc srcdir="${jsp.dir}" destdir="${jsp.build.dir}"
              classpathref="build.classpath">
            <include name="**/*.jsp" />
          </jspc>

By the way, I should add "works for me" means that jsp compilation is
successful, not that it achieves my goal, which is pre-compilation for
deployment to Tomcat. jspc doesn't translate the files to the names
Tomcat wants, so it can't use the class files anyway.