FYI, Ant is featured in Out-of-the-Box 1.0, a distribution of Open
Source projects.

We wrote over 23,000 lines of Ant scripts to automatically install,
configure, and integrate over 50 Open Source projects, including most of
the Jakarta projects, on both Linux and Windows and we'd just like to
say that Ant rocks!

Free Community Edition for Linux documentation containing detailed
step-by-step installation and configuration instructions for most of the
Open Source projects we integrated can be found here:
http://www.ejbsolutions.com/products/obox/community/pt02.html

Everything you see in the documentation, and much more, is automated
using Ant with a little BSF/BeanShell in the few places where we needed
full Java power. Quite simply, this project would not have been
possible without Ant.