I don't think putting an Ant task around this would be too difficult, but, unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to do so.

If this is of any interest, you can reply to me directly if I can help.

Ken

At 07:40 PM 11/20/2002, you wrote:
Let's try replying again, this time with meaningful text.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chappell, Simon P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ant Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 14:48
Subject: RE: Ant Featured in Out-of-the-Box

>Setting persistent environment variables on windows boxen would be very
useful for me.

Win2K and up, env vars are stored in the registry at a place you can
discover using regedit. So if you exec regedit against a file containing
registry keys to load (save an example, edit it by hand or with filters),
you could do this. I think on NT the file is unicode, which makes life
slightly more complex, perhaps, depending on what ant does with filtering on
unicode files.