From: Luis Andrei Cobo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 2:47 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: JAR IMPLEMENTATION???

HI all,

I am having a difficult issue regarding the use of JAR task. WE jar and sign
some applets and deploy them. When we do this we get all sorts of ZIP Closed
Exceptions after the jars are loaded with IllegalStateExceptions-Zip Entry
Not Found. This is Java Plugin 1.4.1_01 and ant is running on 1.4.1_01. When
we use the jar tool manually on the command line, the jars that are
generated and signed work perfectly. But I dont want to resort to running a
batch script for this process. We've been trying to track down any potential
problem. We've tried with indexing on/off and although indexing off has more
successful behaviour its still unpredictable and that is unacceptable.

IF anyone has any information about this it would help a great deal. I know
the jar implementation is not using the sun jar tools but instead works over
the jar/zip api.

HELP!!