From: Hien Q. Nguyen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 6:44 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Writing a DB2 Java Stored Procedure compiling task

Hi Kola,
I'm aware of the sql task but what I meant was a task to compile a SQLJ JAVA
STORED PROCEDURE
Here is an example Java stored proc:
package javastoredproc;
#sql iterator MyIter ( int, int );
public class MyJavaStoredProc
{
     public static void myJavaStoredProc( ResultSet rs[] ) throws
SQLException, Exception
     {
         MyIter myIter=null;
         #sql myIter=
         {
               select columnA, columnB from some_table
         };
         //...bla..bla..bla...
    }
}
In DB2, the compilation steps are:
1.  First the source is process by sqlj (a db2 utility) to generate the
appropriate code
2.  javac on genrated code
3.  db2profc (a db2 utility for profiling the sqlj stored proc.)
4.  now the create stored proc statement, i.e.
CREATE PROCEDURE HIEN.MYJAVASTOREDPROC   ( )
EXTERNAL NAME
'"HIEN".MYJAVASTOREDPROC:javastoredproc.MyJavaStoredProc.myJavaStoredProc
SPECIFIC HIEN.MYJAVASTOREDPROC
RESULT SETS 0
LANGUAGE JAVA
PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
NOT DETERMINISTIC
FENCED NO
DBINFO NULL
CALL MODIFIES SQL DATA
;
Does anybody use sqlj stored. procedure?  Its available in Oracle, DB2, &
Sybase(?)
Thanks,
--Hien
 "Fajimolu, Kola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hi

Happy New Year to All
This book has a section on creating a database using ant.
It uses the Ant sql task to create a DB and insert data.
Through the examples given I think you will be able to create your stored
procedures.
You could download the source code for the book for example of ???

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/047120708X/104-2318894-5881526
?vi=glance

KolaF

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Give me a lever and a fulcrum, and I can move the globe." --Archimedes