On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:24:11 +0530
Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't work for gmail fyi (as a quick google search will tell you,
> or a Bing if you hate google so much) and I don't use sorbs either,
> not since the late 2000s anyway.
>
> Without seeing a smtp txn with logging all the way up or a tcpdump I
> am not sure what is going on but a read error probably means you're
> dropping the smtp connection right after the 5xx without giving gmail
> the time to gracefully QUIT the smtp session.  Or vice versa

No.

This is a gmail bounce to a gmail customer (for example my own gmail
account)

nothing to do with @ox.co.za - except that @ox.co.za sends:
JunkMail rejected - is in an RBL, see Client host blocked using Barracuda
Reputation,
see http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?r=1  etc etc.

so, when Gmail cannot deliver to @ox.co.za - because of dnsbl (whether it
is SORBS, SpamCop, SpamID.net or whomever, Gmail does not tell the
customer that the mail is being returned because just a minute earlier
google tried to drop 1000 phish on ox.co.za - instead tells the
customer: "read error" technical failure -- it is not a technical
failure at all! - it is simply that google is sp[amming (or being used
by their users to distribute spyware/phish or whatever) and it is NOT A
technical read error at all!