Hi Ronald,

> Which LIR issued AS201133?
>
> Is this supposed to be some sort of a secret?

Not really, it is documented in the RIPE database. Here is how you can find it:

First search the database for the AS:
https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html?searchtext=AS201133

There you see the AS with the sponsoring LIR:
sponsoring-org:  ORG-LE44-RIPE

If you look up that organisation you get the LIR:
https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/lookup.html?source=ripe&key=ORG-LE44-RIPE&type=organisation

Which is "Lir.bg EOOD" in Bulgaria.

> If so, could someone please tell me where I need to go, or who I
> need to talk to in order to learn the secret handshake necessary
> to find out how this AS came into being and/or who vouches for the
> legitimacy and authenticity of its current owner?

No secret handshake required :)

> P.S.  I've never been very good on geography, so maybe someone can straighten
> me out on that score also.
>
> The last time I looked, Belieze was not actually within the RIPE geographic
> region.  Was there some rather significant continental drift while I was
> sleeping?

Not that I can see, but maybe that company from Belize has some presence in our
service region. The AS seems to be maintained by Verdina LTD in Belize. What I
can see from their website suggests they offer dedicated server hosting with up
to 10Gbit/s dedicated connectivity. Maybe they host part of their servers in
Bulgaria? I don't know, but that isn't impossible.

Cheers,
Sander