*sigh* it is sometimes difficult when people email you "off list" and
they express an opinion, which should be expressed "on list"

Should RPZ be defined for the sake of "interoperability"

The easy answer is : No.

Interoperability has limits

For example:
Most of us will null route abusive rogue traffic

Most of use use ethical anti-abuse DNS Blocklists,  for DROP
(block/deny) email

My easy to make point is: Interoperability does have limits.

and, to be clear: I am saying that the unethical RPZ exceeds the limit
(or crosses the line) in terms of any interoperability argument.

Andre