Colleagues,

Two (broad) things to address, while, of course, noting that I would ask you
all to assume best intent in all of your fellow working group members. And to
post as politely as possible yourself!

I have, repeatedly, pointed out that all of the emails are being read by the
Co-Chairs and the RIPE PDO. Short messages of support or +1s are noted and
considered, but this is not a vote. I think I've said that twice now, hopefully
the third time will be enough. We have also read the opinions of people about
this, however the original statement remains unchanged. If, at the appropriate
points, anyone in the working group feels the Co-Chairs have erred in our
decision regarding consensus, then there is an appeals process.

RIPE 710 covers the whole PDP and section 4 specifically covers appeals -
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-710

On the general awareness of the policy, the announcement on 2019-03 was posted
to the Policy Announce list and to Routing-WG in addition to here. It has also
been raised in a few other locations. Given where we are right now in the
initial Discussion Phase and the plans by the authors to produce a v2.0 of the
document, I would strongly suggest (but note that it is not certain) that
nothing will have been decided by RIPE 78, when even more people will become
aware. If people choose not to join the mailing list nor use the RIPE Forum to
participate, then there is little the AA-WG can do.

So please, especially given all the nice things people have said about the
Co-Chairs, and thank you for that, can you trust that we are both seeing all of
the messages and treating them as stated, and if you don't agree, there is a
process by which you can express this, rather than all going back and forth
again here.

You can also always contact the Co-Chairs directly on aa-wg-ch...@ripe.net

Thanks,

Brian
Co-Chair, RIPE AA-WG

Brian Nisbet
Service Operations Manager
HEAnet CLG, Ireland's National Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin D01 X8N7, Ireland
+35316609040 brian.nis...@heanet.ie www.heanet.ie
Registered in Ireland, No. 275301. CRA No. 20036270