On Fri, 17 May 2019, Taras Heichenko wrote:

My team has nearly sent out 6000 abuse reports (only about intrusion attempts
and brute force attacks) since Jan 1st this year.
I've just checked, and only 2.5% bounced. 2018's bounces were around 4.5%.

Did you calculate percentage of deliberate reactions to your abuse reports?

No, not yet.

What is main purpose to deliver letter without problem or to get deliberate
reaction to it?

We assume some of the nasty stuff we see comes from infected devices. If legitimate owners care to desinfect, it's possible we will receive less events... i.e. everyone should be sending out more notices. Some people are really thankful when they receive a notice and they understand they have something to fix. :-)

Carlos