Hi Ronald,

El 13/1/20 22:34, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <r...@tristatelogic.com> escribió:

    In message <6afc7d17-bac4-464c-8af8-2ad852d39...@consulintel.es>,
     JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.pa...@consulintel.es> wrote:

    >I'm happy to hear other inputs, stats, data, etc.

    Having only just read the proposal, my comments are few:

    I do not understand parst of this, specifically:

    Section 2.0 bullet point #2.  What's wrong with web forms?

If I need to use a web form, which is not standard, for every abuse report that
I need to submit, there is no sufficient time in the world to fill all them.
Every ISP has their own URL, forms with different fields, etc. You want to
develop tools for each ISP in the world that decides to use a form to automate
the abuse submission process?

Instead, ensuring that you are able to use, for example fail2ban, means that
any abuse case is automatically reported via email (including the logs to probe
the abuse).

    Section 3.0 part 3.  Why on earth should it take 15 days for
    anyone to respond to an email??  Things on the Internet happen
    in millseconds.  If a provider is unable to respond to an issue
    within 72 hours then they might as well be dead, because they
    have abandoned all social responsibility.

I fully agree! My original proposal was only 3 working days, but the community
told me "no way". This was the same input I got in APNIC and LACNIC (in both
regions it reached consensus with 15 days).

So, I will keep 15 days ...

    Regards,
    rfg

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.