This is the key point.

We already agreed to have a mandatory abuse-c.

We can change our mind and make it optional.

But one way or the other, should be a *real* one. A validation that can be
faked just using (for example) Carlos email, is not a good procedure. It
doesn't make sense at all.

We are not saying the RIR will need to verify that an abuse case is
investigated or resolved. This is not the point.

El 14/1/20 12:28, "anti-abuse-wg en nombre de Carlos Friaças via
anti-abuse-wg" <anti-abuse-wg-boun...@ripe.net en nombre de
anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net> escribió:

    On Tue, 14 Jan 2020, Nick Hilliard wrote:

    > Gert Doering wrote on 14/01/2020 10:19:
    >> And if it's not going to have the desired effect, do not waste time on
it.

    > More to the point, the RIPE number registry should not be used as a stick
for
    > threatening to beat people up if they don't comply with our current
favourite
    > ideas about how to manage social policy on the internet.
    >
    > It is a registry, not a police truncheon.

    Hello,

    (Going perhaps a bit off-topic...)

    If people are not able to follow the rules of the registry, maybe they
    shouldn't be allowed inside the system... :-)

    [Fact 1]
    If someone provides falsified documents to the registry, that someone goes
    off the wagon.

    [Fact 2]
    If someone doesn't pay the registry in due time (after several warnings),
    that someone goes off the wagon.

    <please feel free to add more here, if there are more ways of falling off
    the "registry wagon"...>

    I would also feel comfortable if someone who indicates a 3rd party e-mail
    address as the abuse-mailbox for their _OWN_ address space, goes off the
    wagon (after some warnings, of course...).
    BTW, some years ago our physical address was added in whois to someone
    else's address space in a different RIR and that was _NOT_ a nice
    experience...

    Regards,
    Carlos

    > Nick

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.