Hi All

I think we already spent way more executive time on this thread than it
would cost us to verify e-mail addresses.

I agree e-mail does not solve all the problems. It's hard to
automatically process, .....

But it is simple to use, and from my work as an incident handler it did
do me good in the past. I participate in fora that validate
abuse/emergency addresses. WHen I ask these people what their issues in
daily life are it's never we have to validate or contact e-mail.

And honestly: taking a step back and reading this entire thread, I'm not
surprised that the bad guys are winning. You know: They don't care about
the purty and beauty of a solution. They just do it and profit, and
probably have a fabulous time seeing us argue and go at each others
throats.

I think we could do better.

Best
Serge
--
Dr. Serge Droz
Chair, Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST)