Hi,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:25:08PM +1000, No No wrote:
> So, what are you seriously suggesting? Because these people that become
> offended at the suggestion that it's unreasonable for someone to ensure an
> email address is valid once per year (very onerous i'm sure), never really
> say what they really mean, which is really what is inappropriate: that
> criminals should be able to use a resource indefinitely to pump out spam,
> host phishing websites, co-ordinate botnets etc... and that the person that
> receives this crap is not even entitled to let the resource owner know?

We already have abuse-c mailbox verification, *and* the NCC does approach
the LIRs to make sure the mailbox is working, if they encounter bounces
(by sending mail to LIR contacts, by sending letters, calling up,
bringing it up in the next yearly ARC).

So a situation where a mailbox would be bouncing for 10+ years is
unlikely to happen in RIPE land.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279