On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:43 AM JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via
anti-abuse-wg <anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net> wrote:

[...]

> [Jordi] We agree here, no doubt. I just wanted to stress the point that many
> folks in the community may still believe that we have over 92.5% correct
> abuse mailboxes, which is not the case (I said unless, but I understand its
> very difficult to have that data, unless we do a different validation ...).

I would like to know three numbers:

1. What is the percentage of abuse mailboxes listed in the RIPE
Database that are not valid?
2. What proportion of the resources are associated with these resources?
3. What proportion of abuse cannot be reported because of a problem
with the abuse mailbox?

I appreciate that the answer to #3 will vary. Nonetheless, a range of
values would be useful.

I think it is difficult to evaluate the scale of the work needed
without an understanding of these numbers.

Kind regards,

Leo Vegoda