In message <db7pr06mb501791137c12e71ea525c7dd94...@db7pr06mb5017.eurprd06.prod.
outlook.com>, Brian Nisbet <brian.nis...@heanet.ie> wrote:

>However I suspect that X-posting to a list like apnic-talk may not be the
>wisest idea, given the different populations etc...

It is among my fondest hopes that cybercriminals of all stripes, and
particularly the ones who squat on IPv4 space that doesn't belong to
them, will, in future, show more respect for regional boundaries, such
that their devious activities will only oblige me to notify the
members of a single one of the five RIR regions regarding any single
one of these elaborate criminal schemes.  Alas, in this instance
however, the perpetrators, in a very unsportsmanlike manner, elected
to make messes whose roots were found in both the RIPE region and also
in the APNIC region.  (And that's not even to mention that most of the
squatted IPv4 real estate was and is under the administration of the
ARIN region.)

Clearly, authorities in all five regions should be devoting somewhat
more effort towards the cultivation of a better and more respectful
class of cybercriminals who will confine their convoluted schemes to
their own home regions.

Regards,
rfg