On Thu, 18 Jan 2024, Gert Doering wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 04:04:03AM +0000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
If the database is filled with nonsensical information that anyone can hand in
and get themselves a large netblock there isn???t much point to the entire
exercise.

This claim has, as usual, no basis.

Hi Gert, All,

Allow me to disagree.

Please check this WG's minutes at RIPE77 (October 2018):
https://www.ripe.net/community/wg/active-wg/anti-abuse/minutes/ripe-77/

I briefly presented about "LIRs from Outside the RIPE NCC Service Region".

If my mind doesn't fail me, at the time most of the "nonsensical information" was related to locations outside the RIPE NCC Service Region.

Cheers,
Carlos

Gert Doering
       -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279