I agree. There is no way Iraq could have recovered militarily to the
pre-Gulf War level, when it traded freely and had foreign weaponry almost
lavished upon it.
It looks like a clumsy attempt to justify further aggression against it,
especially if attacking Somalia or Yemen proves not to be a very convincing
extension of the "war on terror".
I am also wondering if the raid on a Djibouti ship on route to England was
not an attempt to justify attacking Somalia or Yemen. If so, it seems to
have gone off half-cocked.

Steve K.