There has been nothing, which is almost certainly
significant.

To be an "advisor" to a foreign government in that
period required official approval and also meant you
would be some kind of Agent.

It almost certainly meant between 1920-22 he was
strenghtening Japan as Britain's ally in case of
trouble with America in the Far East.

As you say there are contradictions within
Imperialism, and during this period there was real
rivalry btween Britain and America as to who was to be
top commercially in the Far East as well as infighting
as to who was the be No1 Imperialist Power.

Japan was Britain's key ally.
There was real recriminations at the Washington
Conference, and had it failed there would have been a
naval race B + J v A, as well as a continuation of the
Japanese Alliance.

In which case war would probably, and almost certainly
would have resulted a few years later around 1928.

See
http://www.glasnost.de/hist/usa/1935invasion.html
for American reaction to British plans.

Japan considered she had been done regarding
battleship numbers by the Washington Conference and
was being encouraged by Britain to build carriers on
spare hulls in order to pacify her.

It looks like he was acting on the instructions of onw
part of British intelligence and being detected by
another.

=== message truncated ===