The corporations put their profits above concern for cruelty to humans
AND cruelty to animals.  Their profits are more important to them than
the suffering of any sentient being, whether it's the cows who are kept
pregnant, and have their babies taken away from them to be raised for
veal, while they are pumped full of bovine growth hormone to make them
produce more milk, or the humans who consume the milk thinking that it's
healthy, when in fact it causes many health problems.

It shows that cruelty to animals and cruelty to humans are are
intricately connected, and reinforce each other.