From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 9:09 PM
Subject: [kominform2] Nepal. Over 50 policemen killed.

From: poblachtach dearg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: [Revolutionary_Diary] Nepal Peoples War News

AFP. 11 April 2002. Over 50 police killed in clashes with Maoist rebels
in Nepal.

KATHMANDU -- More than 50 policemen and 12 Maoist rebels were killed in
clashes in southwestern Nepal early Friday, officials said.

"Nearly 3,000 Maoist rebels suddenly attacked two police posts at
Satbaria and Lamahi areas in Dang district late Thursday night which
continued until the early hours of Friday morning," a senior home
ministry official told AFP.

Dang is some 450 kilometres (281 miles) southwest of the capital,
Kathmandu.

"There were 80 to 90 policemen stationed at the Lamahi police post where
heavy Maoist casualties were reported and the bodies of at least 12
rebels were recovered," the source said.

"In this clash, more than 50 policemen are feared killed but we are
awaiting detailed reports," he said.

The source said the Satbaria police post, which was manned by around 100
armed policemen, was attacked by over a thousand rebels who looted
nearly 100 self-loading rifles (SLRs).

KOMINFORM
P.O. Box 66
00841 Helsinki