>   As in the way American soldiers were "dealt with" by their military
> tribunals for crimes against civilians in Vietnam?

For shame David, you neglected to mention:

  • The way American war criminals were dealt with for their war crimes in Cambodia;
  • The way the American court system (or the military justice system) dealt with the free-wheeling cowboys who snipped the cable car cable and KILLED more than 20 innocent civilians while on 'military exercises' in Italy;
  • The way the US justice system (or, the international justice system, for that matter) dealt with the obvious war crimes and violations of the Geneva Convention perpetrted by HATO and the US in the gang rape of Yugoslavia'
etc., ad nauseam.

We, Americans, reserve to ourselves (and our chosen lapdogs; HATO members, Sharon and IDF) the right to accuse, persecute and convict those WE determine are war criminals while exempting ourselves (and the aforementioned lapdogs) from any real consequences of their very real crimes and atrocities.

Putnik