http://en.rian.ru/rian/index.cfm?prd_id=160&msg_id=3091323&startrow=41&date=2003-03-12&do_alert=0

Russian Information Agency (Novosti)
March 12, 2003

THE NUMBER OF OPPONENTS TO A NEW GULF WAR INCREASES
WITH EVERY PASSING DAY

-"People all over the world are tired of the cold war,
they want to live in a safe and just world," the
Russian minister pointed out. "We can build such a
world if we are guided not by the right of force but
by the force of right...

TEHERAN, MARCH 12, 2003. /FROM RIA NOVOSTI
CORRESPONDENT/--It would be wrong to speak about the
formation of any coalition in support of Iraq "which
is guided by someone from somewhere," Russian Foreign
Minister Igor Ivanov said in an interview with the
Iranian newspaper Hamshahri.

According to him, the movement of opponents to the war
is expanding with every passing day, being joined by
ever new states and international organisations, and
anti-war sentiments are growing throughout the world.
"People all over the world are tired of the cold war,
they want to live in a safe and just world," the
Russian minister pointed out. "We can build such a
world if we are guided not by the right of force but
by the force of right which boils down to the fact
that the Iraqi problem can be settled by political
means in strict compliance with the UN Security
Council resolutions," Igor Ivanov stressed.

He believes that if the military interference takes
place "the waves of instability may spread to the
entire region of the Persian Gulf, the Middle East and
still further." This war can be advantageous only to
those destructive forces which fear the strengthening
of the international anti-terrorist coalition, greater
efficiency of its activity, and the further movement
of the international community towards the formation
of a multipolar world order.

Igor Ivanov expressed hope that the "voice of
opponents of war in Iraq will be heard also by those
who still come out for the settlement of the Iraqi
crisis by military means."

http://webhosting.yahoo.com