I would say no, not really.  Ask yourself why people want to use windows and
the answer usually is, that's where all of their experience, support,
infrastructure, etc is.  You're going to ask them to also maintain a VM and
another OS?  I mean if running aolserver on linux was an option for them they'd
probably just install linux on a machine and do it.

The times I've had to use windows was usually doing a project for a client
who's entire IT department and (paid) tech support systems were windows only.
If I'd installed a linux VM on their systems I doubt they'd consider that a win.

I don't really actively develop on AOLServer any more so don't take my word for
it, but all I can say is that in the past windows versions of aolserver have
saved my bacon - the alternative would usually have been re-developing huge
segments of code for something that would run on windows.

Rusty