Hi.

My nsmassvh module does not require any patches to the nsd core.

Here's how I get the hostname:
-- SNIP --
char *h;
h=NULL;
if ((c=Ns_TclGetConn(NULL))!=NULL)
{
    if ((s=Ns_ConnHeaders(c))!=NULL)
        h=Ns_SetIGet(s,"host");
}
-- SNIP --

I also remove the 'www.' from the beginning if it's there and remove the
':' character and any data following it (after doing a strncpy() to my
buffer :). And of course first check if h is set - it won't be set with
HTTP/0.9 request (a real oddity nowadays but should be considered :).

IMHO it's a better solution, works just as fast as w/o the module (about
1% loss on helloworld.html :)

For now it suits me fine, but I'll probably do something similar to your
nsvirtual, but based on other policies - mostly on subdomain matching as
well - ie user.silent.pl=/home/user/public_html and
sub.domain.tcl.pl=/var/www/tcl.pl/domain/sub.

Also, it should be based on priorities and XML in my case. But thanks for
the tip on using Ns_Set and async file reading :)

--
Wojtek Kocjan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]